GIH strives to create a space for funders to learn from and connect with one another; a space for candid conversation that is free of solicitation. We do invite non-funder presenters to join us for the full annual conference, and ask that they keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Fundraising and client solicitation are prohibited at the conference. While it is permissible to follow up with contacts made at the conference at their invitation, we ask that this not happen in advance of the conference or on-site.
- We do not allow additional or substitute representatives from a non-funder presenter’s organization to attend any portion of the meeting.
- We ask nonfunders to observe requests for any “invitation-only” or “funder-only” sessions on the agenda.
- For those organizations that both raise funds and make grants, we ask that your participation during the conference activities be as a funder only (unless as part of your session participation).
- Contact information on the conference participant list is for networking purposes only. Nonfunders should not add an individual’s contact information to your organization’s mailing list without that person’s permission.